What type of systems does the iEDeX™ technology connect?
iEDeX™ technology was designed to facilitate the near real-time collaboration of data between standalone systems like ERP's. iEDeX™ performs with any system that has the ability to import and export data.
What is the iEDeX™ technology platform?
The iEDeX™ Technology Platform is comprised of five components:
- Linux server cluster
- JBOSS application server
- IBM DB2 database
- Sun JDK as development tool kit.
- AJAX for web applications.
What are the systems modifications required to use iEDeX™?
None, iEDeX™ technology will work with the system's existing import and export function. The only programming that will need to be done to an existing system is to ensure that the business rules driven events are currently being processed by the system. In the extremely rare situation that these business rules events are not processed, a simple agent can be designed to ensure that the system is importing and exporting the data necessary to comply with the business objectives.
Does iEDeX™ work in an online environment?
Yes. As a hosted solution, iEDeX™ excels in an online environment and can quickly and security facilitate the collaboration between event-based data generated by multiple online applications.
What type of system do you have experience connecting?
iEDeX™ has the ability to connect any system with the ability to import and export data. Systems such as:
- Microsoft: SQL, Great Plains, Navision
- IBM/ DB2
- JD Edwards
- MAS series, Quickbooks, Peachtree
- TMS (I2, PCS, TMW, MercuryGate, Sterling TMS)
- iEDeX™ is also currently connecting over 100 custom built applications.
What are the different protocols that iEDeX™ can use to communicate with the connected systems?
Multiple communication protocols are available to meet the business demands:
- Secure FTP (SSH)
- Web Services
What are the different pick up and delivery options that iEDeX™ can use the communicate with the connected systems?
iEDeX™ can use either a push or pull options with any communication protocol.
What data standards does the iEDeX™ technology support?
iEDeX™ has the ability to support any individual, or combination of data standards. Examples of standards currently being supported on the system are:
- XML and Variations
- In addition, we support all commonly used standards
Once a specific standard map has been developed is it reusable?
Yes, we have experience using multiple data standard requirements within an individual data exchange. The configurations of standard maps are independent of the actual customer data and are therefore easily and securely reusable.
Can you meet regulatory standards like HIPPA, or Sarbanes-Oxley?
Yes, regulatory standards are a set of business rules and are easily managed by iEDeX™. Because many of these standards rely heavily on transparency and the ability to audit, the unique approach of iEDeX™ provides unparallel opportunity to meet and exceed these standards.
Can you meet quality improvement standards like Six-Sigma?
Yes, quality improvement standards are a set of business rules and are easily managed by iEDeX™. Because many of these quality improvement standards rely heavily on transparency and the ability to provide feedback reports, the unique of approach of iEDeX™ provides unparallel opportunity to meet and exceed these standards.
How is transparency and auditability achieved?
Every unique data exchange is time stamped and simultaneously translated into and recorded into a web accessible database. This new base of data is configurable and presentable in any desired format. The result is complete transparency from both the sending and receiving systems. When combined with internal system data it provides complete transparency to all aspects of the workflow. These reports can then be presented either periodically or in real-time, providing management the ability to fully audit all aspects of the collaboration of data between the systems.
How do you maintain security?
There are separate layers of security; communication, infrastructure, and application layers of security. Within the communication layer our security design includes all the security protocols, intrusion detection, and maintains all security patches. Within the infrastructure security we have firewall, DMZ zone, and maintain all operating system security patches. Our data center is hosted in a commercially secure facility with controlled physical access. The application level is divided by both application and account-user security layers.
Who owns the "business rule" intellectual property?
The client does. The business rules that are developed for the client to guide the exchange of their data are part of the client's intellectual property. As with all of the data that passes through the iEDeX™ platform, your data is confidential and secure within our system.
What was your uptime over the last three years?
UpNet's system has maintained a 99.9999% uptime over the last three years.
What type of back-up does your system have?
The entire system is being mirrored in real time to ensure necessary redundancy. In addition to mirroring, the entire iEDeX™ network is backed up by disk, tape, and off-site storage.
How can your system scale?
We are currently managing over 30 million transactions per month. Due to the n-tiered cluster designed architecture, our system can easily scale without any loss of individual client functionality. The systems limits of our current design are estimated to be at least 25 billion transactions per month across the entire network.
What is the process for changing systems in the solution?
iEDeX™'s many-to-many connection attribute allows for a new system to be integrated without disconnecting the old system. The systems can be run in parallel through testing. Migration can happen at an operational level with full data integration occurring simultaneously within both systems. This allows for faster and more secure integration of the new system.
Why does iEDeX™ deploy faster than traditional system integration?
There are three factors that contribute to UpNet's ability to deploy faster than a traditional map-based one-to-one programming:
- Programming: Rather than programming new software which needs to work with pre-existing systems, iEDeX™ focuses on collaborating the data you need to get your work done.
- Event-based: Rather than map out all of the business processes, iEDeX™ utilizes the existing individual events that drive the production of data elements. This innovative approach maximizes flexibility and reduces the time to implement.
- Testing: Reduced complexity and removing the customization of either the sending or receiving system dramatically improves time-to-value.
What are the value drivers?
There are five primary value drivers when comparing the iEDeX™ solution with other options:
- Flexibility: The iEDeX™ platforms ability to run parallel exchanges, quickly change systems of origin, and provide complete transparency provides an unmatched level of flexibility. In quickly changing market places, UpNet provides the confidence of knowing your technology will be able to change and adapt with you.
- Reliability: The iEDeX™ technology removes layers of complexity and provides a more consistent high quality data collaboration. This allows your solution to be operational in the marketplace quicker
- Service: Year after year, UpNet's customers consistently report high quality and responsive service. In fact, we have never lost a customer, and all customers are fully referencable.
- Cost: Less time to develop means real savings. The overall cost of iEDeX™ when compared with the time, programming, licenses and support of other solutions will always represent at least a 30% savings.
Indirect Sales Channels
Do you offer reseller accounts?
Yes, we offer qualified companies the opportunity to integrate the iEDeX™ technology into new or pre-existing solutions and resell this bundled solution to their customers.
Can it be private labeled?
Yes. We offer resellers of solutions that have been customized using the iEDeX™ technology the opportunity to completely private label this solution to their customers.