EDI is a business process, iEDeX™ is a technology. iEDeX™ technology can be leveraged to fulfill EDI requirements.
Comparing the distinctions between traditional EDI technology and the iEDeX™ platform.
- Traditional EDI technology builds one-one connections; iEDeX™ builds many-many connections.
- Traditional EDI technology is documents-based; iEDeX™ is data element based.
- Traditional EDI technology requires system programming to facilitate an export into a proper format; iEDeX™ is non-invasive.
- Traditional EDI technology facilitate the exchange outside the firewall; iEDeX™ facilitate the exchange both inside and outside the firewall.
- Traditional EDI technology limits transparency to the sender’s side of the transaction; iEDeX™ provides transparency to the complete transaction.
- Traditional EDI technology cannot scale to meet other business requirements; iEDeX™ is flexible, scalable and agile enough to connect any network of disparate system.
- Traditional EDI technology requires significant IT resources; iEDeX™ requires minimal IT resources to use in its B2B managed, SaaS and PaaS service models.
- Traditional EDI technology works in a batch-based environment; iEDeX™ works in a near real-time environment.
- Traditional EDI technology requires additional hardware/software; iEDeX™ is an on-demand, cloud based platform requiring no additional hardware and software.
- Traditional EDI technology is cost prohibitive for supply-chain wide deployment; iEDeX™ is fast to deploy, fast to connect, delivering accelerated time to value while supporting supply-chain wide deployment initiatives.
EDI technology is typically delivered as a software solution. iEDeX™, an event based data exchange, is both an integrated process and a platform. UpNet's iEDeX™ is an innovative collaborative technology developed to facilitate data integration and data transformation.